- Should I believe in the statement that someone will be cured from his chronic illness if he marries someone that he loves?
- Is it sinful if I rejected such proposal?
- Can I meet him again eventually in the hereafter?
Alhamdulillah, praise and thanks to Allah for the many countless blessings He has blessed us all with. Blessings and salutations to the Prophet Muhammad PBUH, his wives, his family, companions and all those that follow his teachings to the day of judgement.
I divided the answer into several points:
- The statement that someone will be cured if he marries someone that he loves is an absolute assumption, where it can either be true or not. A certain fact is that sickness or illness can be cured through physical or spiritual means using the verses of Allah SWT. As for through marriage, it is just an assumption or a claim.
- It is not sinful to reject a proposal. The reason is, it is the right of a woman to accept or reject a proposal. It should not be accepted just because of a dream from one side.
- A hadith narrated by Muslim from Rabiah bin Ka’ab al-Aslami, where he asked to be in the company of the Prophet PBUH in the hereafter. Thus, the Prophet PBUH said:
فَأَعِنِّي على نَفْسِكَ بكثْرَةِ السُجُودِ
“Then help me to achieve this for you by devoting yourself often to prostration.”
Sahih Muslim (489)
From the above hadith, it is clear that you can be with the person that you love through your effort of increasing your worship and supplication. Everything that happens is the will of Allah and has its own wisdom.
May all of us be blessed with paradise. Amin.